hours over the Christmas and New Year period 2012-2013
Wednesday 26th December - closed
December – open 10am-5pm
December –open 10am-5pm
December –open 10am-4pm
Sunday 30th December – closed
Monday 31st December – closed
Tuesday 1st January 2013 –
Wednesday 2nd January – reopen as normal: 10am-6pm
Shopping on Sunday
We have just extended our hours to give you an extra day of shopping at Friends of the Earth. The cafe, food co-op and bookshop are now open every Sunday from 11am to 4pm.
some nice words about FoE ...
We just spotted this blurb about the food at FoE, from Vegan about town.
winter update, July 2009
It's almost half way through winter - here's a run-down of some of the new products as well as prices of the organic produce currently in season.
- The delicious and very popular 1 Litre Bio-Dynamic Robinval Grape juice is back
- New cleaning products from Ecologic - Bulk Orange multi-purpose cleaner (ammonia free) and bulk ecologic wool wash
- Coconut oil is also available in bulk - it's amazing to cook with with a great aroma and natural benefits. It works out at $5.80 for 250g
- You have to come and try the amazing organic handmade goat cheese from a small herd in central Vic. including the fresh fromage frais and also the more mature la luna.
- A new sustainable sugar called 'coconut sugar' is $3.50 for 250g - you can find out more at http://www.raw-chocolate.net/superfoods.php?low-GI=evaporated-palm-necta...
- and finally there are NEW organic Soba, Somen, Ramen and Udon noodles being made in Ballarat. They're $3 a packet and they will soon be available in bulk
Our range of organic Fruit & Veg is fresh in the shop every Tuesday & Thursday
Some of the prices are as follows:
- Avocados $2.65 ea,
- Brown Onions $4.22kg,
- Oranges $3.40kg,
- Jap Pumpkin $1.69kg,
- Red sonic Potatoes $2.82kg,
- Nicola Potatoes $2.20kg